WELCOME TO RUSSELL SCOTT SCHOOL MEALS INFORMATION PAGE
School Dinner Cost Per Day = £2.10
This Menu is from the week commencing 18th April 2016 until week commencing October 3rd 2016
Why choose school meals for your child?
- School meals offer a selection of freshly cooked main meals and desserts every day. Your child is offered a choice of three different meal options per day (including a vegetarian option) chosen by completing a menu in advance. Menus are available from the school office.
- All meals are nutritionally balanced over the course of each week and are served by friendly and cheerful catering staff. Children can sit down together and enjoy their meal whilst at the same time developing social skills of eating together that are so important in later life.
- A well fed and happy child is more likely to be receptive to participating in the afternoon’s activities.
- Convenience. Someone else preparing and cooking lunch for your child saves you worrying about a packed meal every day.
How Do I pay for my Childs school meals?
- Payment for school meals are due in advance for each week and should be paid on Mondays.
- You can pay by cash or cheque to TMBC, and the cash or cheque should be given to either the school office or your childs class teacher in an envelope, clearly marked with your child’s name and class.
- You can also pay for your child’s school meals online via Tameside Council’s website at this link – http://public.tameside.gov.uk/forms/f1005PaySchoolMeals559.asp – it is very easy to use and gives clear instructions through each page. You can use either a credit or debit card and pay for meals by days, weeks or a whole term.
Free School Meals
- Free school meals are offered to children of families who are on low income in receipt of Universal Credit, Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related), Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance (Income based) or Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit. They are also offered to children of families who are in receipt of Child Tax Credit only, but who are not entitled to Working Tax Credit, and whose annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190.00. If you are in receipt of Child Tax Credit, you will need to attend one of the Council’s Customer Service Centre’s and present your Child Tax Credit award notice.
How do I apply for Free School Meals
- There are now 3 easy ways to apply for free school meals
- complete the on-line application form – www.tameside.gov.uk/fsm
- telephone the council’s call centre on 0161 342 8355
- in person at one of the council’s Customer Services Offices
***Please note that when changing from school meals to packed lunches or from packed lunches to school meals the school kitchen require two weeks notice in writing***
If you would like any further information regarding school meals or school meal payments, please do not hesitate to contact any staff member in the school office who will be more than happy to help – telephone number 0161 320 5186